Artivate - A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts
Call for Papers
Artivate: A Journal of Entrepreneurship in the Arts is partnering with the Kresge Foundation to produce its first-ever special issue, focused on Arts Entrepreneurship and Creative Placemaking. Artivate is published by The Pave Program in Arts Entrepreneurship at Arizona State University. Creative placemaking is a topic of increasing relevance in the United States and around the world. However, little attention has yet been paid in scholarly literature to the role of the arts entrepreneur or the entrepreneurial behaviour of arts organizations in creative placemaking theory or practice, including in the policy domain.
This special issue of Artivate asks authors to address one or more of the following questions:
- What is the role of arts entrepreneurship in Creative Placemaking?
- How does/can arts and cultural entrepreneurship specifically support community revitalization and equitable development?
- What role can arts entrepreneurs play in connecting the nonprofit and for-profit arts and culture sectors with residents, business interests, and local governments?
- How does public policy (at various scales) promote or obstruct the contributions of arts entrepreneurs to creative placemaking and community revitalization?
- How should the contributions of arts entrepreneurs to community revitalization best be captured and assessed?
The deadline for paper submissions is 15 April 2017.
For more information, please contact: Dr. Linda Essig at Linda.Essig@asu.edu
Please refer to the detailed submission guidelines at artivate.org