European Union Prize for Literature
Call for Proposals
On 5 June 2018, the Commission released a Call for Proposals to select an organisation or consortium that can organise and implement the European Union Prize for Literature (EUPL) for the next three years, 2019 - 2021. The European Union Prize for Literature is a prize for literary talent, awarded annually to new and emerging European authors, and is one of the special actions implemented under the Culture Sub-programme of the EU programme Creative Europe.
The European Union Prize for Literature aims to:
- showcase and put a spotlight on Europe's diverse wealth of contemporary fiction;
- raise the profile of winning authors outside their home country and help them cross borders and reach broader readership;
- raise general awareness and stimulate interest in the entire book sector about the literary diversity in Europe;
- promote actively the publishing, translation, selling and reading of books from other European countries;
- encourage transnational circulation of literature, both in Europe and internationally.
The deadline for proposals is 14 September 2018.
For more information, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/creative-europe/content/organisation-and-implementation-annual-european-union-prize-literature_en