Arts Management and Organizational Theory
Call for Papers to the Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society (JAMLS)
In 2019, the Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society (JAMLS) would like to devote an issue of its 49th volume to bridging the gap between arts management and organizational theory. This special issue aims to expand scholarship and engage with a diversity of approaches to theorizing arts organizations. Over the past decades, scholarship in arts management has insisted on leadership theories, marketing, arts entrepreneurship and the relationship between creators, managers and the audience of artistic goods or performances. Theorizing arts organizations has typically occupied a subtler place - if at all - in arts management research. Below is a list of potential or indicative themes and approaches on which JAMLS would like to publish in this special issue:
- Narrative approaches to arts organizations;
- Process theory in arts management;
- Applications of institutional theory;
- Power in arts organizations;
- Applications of systems theory or its evolution/change over time;
- The place of division of labour (or labour processes) in shaping arts organizations;
- Gender and identity's place in shaping arts organizations; and
- Organizational design and structures.
Submission deadline is 29 October 2018. You may submit your paper through https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/vjam.
Informal inquiries can be made via e-mail to Jonathan Paquette, Executive Editor, at Jonathan.Paquette@uottawa.ca